Saturday, January 5, 2008

{beautiful art for inspiration}


These images are from etsy seller Jennifer Judd-McGee. All images are copyright 2007 jennifer judd-mcgee. You can see more of her work here.

I just love her lines and shapes, and how she uses color. The third image, 4 birds in a tree, looks like a quilt, but it is paper. I think it's lovely. Thank you Jennifer!
I will continue to try and find images that inspire for this new year. Check back often to see what I've found!

Also....
Yesterday was a productive day. I finished organizing and cleaning my studio and was able to begin what I hope will be a motivating blog.

Motivation is sometimes hard to come by when you are a stay-at-home mom or anyone who spends most of there time away from other artists. It's so much easier to be creative when you are working with other creatives, like taking a painting class or joining a guild or gallery. The internet, especially blogging, has made our world a much smaller place and we can now go anywhere in the world and see art and speak with other artists; but it's not the same as working with and around other creatives on a regular basis. At least that's how I see it.

When you work from home, the biggest challenge is just Beginning...taking the time to bring ideas to fruition...it's so easy to let the laundry or the vacuuming call to you, making you feel guilty. There are too many reasons NOT to start.

I, for one, have resolved not to hear the loud voices of household appliances or dirty anything calling my name this year. Hopefully, I can organize my time so that it all gets done. Or not...

Well, must go for now. I hope your day brings many aha moments and much joy. ~J

No comments: