Friday, January 4, 2008

welcome 2008! {or,'thank god christmas is over!'}


I can't help it, I'm glad it's over. It's just too much stress, too many expectations, too much money, and my mother. Now that everyone is back at work/school/home I can finally get about starting the new year with high hopes for a healthy, productive, happy year.

One of my goals is to give more time and attention to this blog. Ideally, I would like to post an entry every day, but we'll see.

Another of my goals this year is to be a productive artist/designer. I have so many ideas; it's just bringing them to fruition. I will share my attempts here, with you.

I'm currently facinated with Project Runway. Because I have some background in fashion and textile design, I am dying to audition for the show. I've researched it, but there doesn't seem to be anything happening with auditions at this time. I keep checking on bravotv; hopefully something will surface soon.

So, my focus right now seems to be on fashion. I vacillate between many art and craft mediums, but right now it's clothing construction and design.

Another goal today is to organize my studio space so that it functions the way I need it to. It is impossible for me to work with all my supplies tucked away in boxes. I have to be able to see everything that is available to me. Unfortunatley, my space is right in the middle of the house and cannot be closed off from the main living area, so it always looks messy when I set it all out. Oh well, everyone will just have to get over it. I have to create!


Here's to a new year full of health and hope, blessings and love. ~J

No comments: